Every spring there is a mad rush to find a great deal on a used RV. Spring is a perfect time for camping, fishing, and enjoying your new RV. The following are a bunch of reasons why spring is the best time to buy a used RV for sale by owner.
1. In the spring, you have a lot of selection. Since this is the easiest time to sell an RV, a lot of people will list their used RVs. During the winter, not very many RVs have sold. At the beginning of the spring there can be a large amount of available inventory to choose from.
2. Springtime is also a great time to find good deals at a dealership. Dealerships always bulk up on their inventory in February and March. This way, they can sell a lot of RVs during April and May. If you want to find a good deal, you may be able to get one especially at beginning of spring.
3. If you buy an RV in spring, then you don’t have to pay to store your RV in a storage facility over the winter. You also would need to pay for insurance on your RV during the winter months when you won’t be using it. Over a five or six-month period, this could save you as much as $1,000.
4. Another great reason to buy motorhomes and travel trailers for sale by owner in the spring is you can find lots of people who are motivated to sell. Some of these people might have just been waiting for the spring so that they could sell their RV quickly.
5. The spring is a perfect time to own an RV. There are so many different campsites and parks that you can visit. The two best times to visit these campsites are in the spring and in the fall. A lot of people go camping for spring break, or as soon as the weather gets warm enough to allow it.
6. Every spring, RV manufacturers are releasing a new model or type of RV. A lot of owners could be upgrading to the newest model, allowing you to save money by buying their used RV.
7. At the beginning of the year, the value for RVs typically gets reduced. This means if you’re a buyer, you can expect to pay less for your next RV.
Four Things To Do To Save Money When Buying Your RV
1. Pay cash. Although it may not be very popular to buy a large item cash, it can save you a lot of money. When you finance an RV you end up paying almost double for it (depending on your interest rate) over the life of your loan. If you paid cash, you save almost 50 to 100% over the long-term payback value.
2. Try to find a motivated seller. People can be motivated because of unemployment, bankruptcy, divorce, inheriting an RV, medical bills, or lawsuits. There are lots and lots of reasons why someone would sell because they have to. It doesn’t take too long to find sellers that are in a predicament that forces them to sell. However, this can save you as much as 50 to 60%.
3. It may be worthwhile to check out local RV auctions. I shop at a time of local auctions. Local auctions can be the best deal you’ll ever find. Not all auctions are good deals. It is a good idea to inspect each RV, and attend auctions regularly in order to find some of the best ones.
4. Never pay full price. Most people are willing to negotiate 10 to 20% less than their asking price. If you offer someone 70% of their asking price, you’ll be surprised how often they will be willing to settle for 80%. If you are buying a $50,000 motorhome, saving 20%, is like having an extra $10,000 in the bank. Keep in mind, that it is always easier to buy than it is to sell. People will only sell an RV to make sense of them financially and if they want to. People who are truly motivated to sell quickly, won’t be offended by a low offer.
Help us share these tips to your friends! “Like” us and “tweet” us on Twitter by clicking on the left floating sidebar!