1. Craigslist. Even though Craigslist has only been around for about 10 years, it is one of the best ways for you to find a great used RV. If you compare how many used pop up campers for sale are listed in the newspaper, with how many are in Craigslist, you might be surprised. More and more people list on Craigslist every year, because it is free. Another nice thing about it is the listing change on a daily basis. Make sure that you check back regularly, because in some cities, most will expire in 1 to 2 weeks. Another advantage of checking regularly, is that the best deals typically sell in just a few hours. Once they sell, they are removed from Craigslist. If you’re seriously interested in buying, download the Craigslist app to your cell phone, so you can check it on a regular basis.
2. The second best way to find local pop up campers for sale by owner is in a local paper. The disadvantage of a newspaper is that when someone list their RV, they are paying money every single week for that listing. Most people who list in the newspaper are very motivated to sell. Most newspapers have an individual seller section, and a dealer section. Usually you will find best deals when you buy them from owners or if you buy them from an auction. If you can find newspapers that specialize in RV’s you will get even better results.
3. Park and Sell. A lot of people are busy on the weekends. They don’t have time to show and sell their pop up campers. However, they can take it to an RV Park and Sell,then people can go through the RV. If somebody is interested in making offer, they simply contact the owner of the RV. A lot of times it is better than consigning an RV to a dealership, because it doesn’t cost you as much to sell it. Most of the time you can rent a space at a Park and Sell lot for as little as $50 for one weekend. A Park and Sell lot has many advantages to someone trying to sell their RV quickly. In some cities, this is the same amount it would cost you to list an RV in the newspaper. The downside of Park and Sell is that you are competing with other RVs. The upside is that a lot of times they get their own traffic. And you also don’t have to waste any of your time showing and selling an RV.
4. RV Trade Show. Visiting RV trade shows can be a lot of fun. You can see all the new upgrades and add-ons each year. Most of the time, RV Trader shows only cost a couple of dollars to attend. It gives you a chance to interact with a lot of people, and find out which you RVs you like the best. Pop up campers are not very expensive to begin with. A lot of times you can find brand-new models at RV trade shows. I think this is a great place to buy a new RV, especially if you get it for close to invoice. A lot of times, dealers are willing to only make a small profit on a starter RV, because they hope to be able to upsell you to a larger RV later on. If it’s working favor, you can get an amazing deal on the first pop up camper you buy.
5. RV trader has one of the most extensive listings of RVs for sale. They have thousands of RVs and hundreds of pop up campers for sale. Unfortunately, most of these RVs and pop up campers are not for sale by owner. You have to sift through all of the dealer listings before you can find some really good deals on RVs and campers for sale by owner.
6. RVsalebyowner.com is a great place for you to find used RVs for sale by owner. The nice thing about this site is it is exclusively dedicated to owners. With this website, you will be able to find pop up campers for sale by owner, listed under campers, or travel trailers.
Also find motorhomes for sale by owner